The Elizabeth M. Pfriem Foundation considers organizations that fit our funding criteria and align with our mission statement. All grant applications are by invitation only.
- 501(c)(3) public charities or the international equivalent
- Fiscal responsibility and strong organization leadership/governance
- Organizations or programs that are innovative and poised for growth where Foundation resources have the potential for significant impact
- Opportunities to encourage philanthropy by leveraging Foundation resources to stimulate additional funding to these programs
Although we identify qualified organizations throughout the United States, our main focus is organizations that serve the greater Bridgeport, Connecticut area.
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem Foundation Does Not Fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, or disabilities
- Lobbying or political activities
- Major research projects
- Any commercial business purpose
- Any litigation that is underway, contemplated, or completed
- Endowments, building campaigns, special events or annual funds
- Direct grants to individuals
After reviewing the Foundation’s funding guidelines and your organization’s eligibility, if you believe that your project and organization meet these criteria, the first step is to submit a Letter of Inquiry to the Foundation.